Monday, November 4, 2013

Feeling Nostalgic


“How quick and rushing life can sometimes seem, when at the same time it's so slow and sweet and everlasting.”

My birthday was this past October, and as a gift DK got me a negative scanner. Ever since I was a wee little girl, I have always loved photography. I used to admire my mothers photography (although they were just spontaneous family photographs) and I always wanted my own camera. My mother bought me my own camera when I was about 11 or 12. Of course back then, everything was film, and during the creative adventures of my teenage years, I took most of our old family photographs, glued them to my bedroom wall, and could never get them down. We've moved since then, and I'm pretty sure that wall has been torn down, which means all those family photographs are destroyed. Luckily, my mother is as much of a hoarder as I am, and she made sure to save all the negatives! 

Needless to say this digital negative scanner has become a bit of an addiction for me. It's amazing to come across old memories that I forgot existed, and some I never even lived through.


My older sister and I at our old house.

My beautiful, and sassy sister. I don't even know if I was born yet when this was taken!

One of the best cats I ever had. Kiki, how I miss you!!



No comments:

Post a Comment