Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Creativity is Hereditary in our Family.

"While we have the gift of life, it seems to me the only tragedy is to allow part of us to die - whether it is our spirit, our creativity, or our glorious uniqueness."

I know I have mentioned in my past blog posts that I do not necessarily believe that people need to be born with creativity in order to be artistic. I believe with hard work and hours upon hours of practice, anyone can be called an artist. You are not born with the knowledge of how to play the piano. You learn it. Just like you learn creativity and inspiration.

That is not true with my family however. We were born with creativity running through our blood. Our parents saw that, and they nurtured and encouraged it. I would say that my sister was definitely born with more creativity than I. She can do anything. And I do mean ANYTHING. This girl has done everything from graphic design, to cake decorating, to painting and now sculpting. She does it all flawlessly, and absolutely effortlessly. She amazes everyone who sees her work. Aside from a few art classes here and there, no one in my family has ever gone to school to "learn art". It comes naturally for us. 

So here is an ode to my amazing sister! Who never ceases to amaze me!







For Christmas my sister made me an AMAZING knitting bowl. Yes ladies and gents, she HAND MADE this for me! His ears hold the needles and the yarn goes through his nose. I can't even begin to tell you how excited I am about this! I can't wait to use it!!! 









My sister and both have this weird obsession with Alice in Wonderland. She made these two figures, one of Alice, and one of The Cheshire Cat. 





My sister made a Guardian Angel piece shortly after her car accident. The angel has wings which are real feathers.







For my Birthday I asked my sister if I could have the sea monster sculpture that she made! I was so happy when I opened the box to find it waiting for me! His eyes glow in the dark too!

My sister has more talent in her pink finger than most of my "art friends" combined. I don't know how she does it. Her pieces have been sold for hundreds of dollars at auction. I only hope that one day I can get to the level that she's at!

If you're interested in a commission piece feel free to contact my sister Tiffany and TLeef7@hotmail.com

2 comments:

  1. Hi. I was just looking for knitting bowls on line and your blog popped up. Your sister is AMAZING!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi. I was just looking for knitting bowls on line and your blog popped up. Your sister is AMAZING!!

    ReplyDelete